I've barely had time to check it out, but some initial reactions:
* "Now we are talking" - now there's a joke name. Telstra execs can't STOP talking.
* Given all the negative press they've been getting, this had to happen. But will it be seen as credible?
* They've got individual blogs within this site, apparently written by REAL people at Telstra. Imagine that.
* It's driven by one of Telstra's amigos, Phil Burgess. You'd expect it come from PR. But will they resist the temptation to censor comments?
* How about this line from Phil, explaining (here) the decision to launch the site:
After discovering that a single mailing to shareholders cost close to $1.0 million -- we launched the idea of a special web site for shareholders and the public together – a place where we could address the digital revolution and what it can mean for how we live, work, play, learn and move about.
Also amusing in that same post is his implication that a Telstra shareholder was happy about the state of Telstra's sliding share price!
* You can subscribe via email anyway, apparently. How ironic. And, ahh, just where are the RSS feeds??? I can't find them. Helllloooh.